Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ATCs, Inchies and MOOOOOO Cards

Moo Cards. I love that. Just heard of them last week and tried to find out why the Moo. Thinking it was something really cool I decided to Google it and this is what I found out. At Moo.com you can buy Business cards that are half the normal size and they are called Moo Cards. So there you have it. I'm still hoping their is a cool reason for the name. There has to be. But until then......... My one Yahoo group is having an ATC conversation. I have been making them for years. Have even belonged to a few ATC groups. Some are Artsy and some aren't. Some are for Trading and some are for Card making. Here are a few I have saved that were sent to me.



Sometimes when you are trying to make a card the size is a problem. You can't pull together an idea because you are so busy trying to fill the space. Here is an idea for you to try. This is an example of an Inchie, a Moo Card and an ATC.



Let's start with the ATC. You take a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 bottom layer and create from there. Of course you need a stamp that will fit the space. It could be an image or a saying. Add a few more layers and it becomes a card front.



The Moo Card is 1 1/8 x 2 3/4. This was my first one. I will explore this some more. Add a layer and some embellishments. It becomes the focal point.



Some times with just the right background all you need is an Inchie.



Try starting smaller and see what you can create.

No comments: