Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rain rain go away

With all this rain and 3 days off from school thanks to Tropical Storm Fay I have had some extra stamping time. I had these stamps I bought awhile ago and hadn't used ( Imagine that ) so this was their time. These are from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. This little Turkey is so cute. He has several sayings you can put in his banner. I layered him on Choc. Chip and speckled his background with my texture brush using Butterscotch and Rust ink. That wasn't the plan but I had a finger smudge however that happened so I tried to cover it up. Love the speckles so glad it happened. Layered that on a piece of Pumpkin Pie I put through Cuttlebug using the new Fall Pumpkins folder. I added a little rust ink to the edges and a couple of the pumpkins. Decided to get out the brads. Stamped out his Happy Thanksgiving and I have my Holiday cards ready for this years Thanksgiving. The next card uses 2 sets Bridge of thoughts and Flower Silhouettes. I liked the bridge stamp as soon as I saw it. Brought back memories of my Girl Scout leader years. We did a lot of looking over bridges. After it got here though I just kind of looked at it for awhile because it was solid. So I have been thinking and thinking on this one until today. Enough with the thinking. Just get it out and do something!! Made the clouds with a scalloped circle as my guide. Tried to brayer some water. Have not conquered the brayer yet but I don't think it looks too bad. I have been reading this blog http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com. This woman is amazing!! I am determined to get something to come out looking like hers. The words in the bottom corner are hard to see but it says Make a Wish. I think this would make a nice Birthday card for someone. Well Fay is gone and school is back on so my stamping time will be cut way back until the week end. I did get a lot done this week. All my swaps are done for Sept. All my class samples through Nov. are ready. Thanksgiving cards are finished and halloween cards are ready to put together so I made good use of my time. Looking forward to the weekend. My stamp group here in Florida gets together for a fun afternoon once a month. Always a good time.





No comments: