Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and a tutorial

Hope everyone had a wonderful day full of good food and family. I spent all morning playing here at my desk as I wasn't the one making the turkey. I've been working on making gift card holders. Have tried several different versions I have seen on the internet. Here's what I've come up with. It's simple and quick. Cut your main card stock 4 1/4 x 11. Score at 3, 5 1/2 and 8.

Now fold it in half and then fold the 2 outer panels towards your fold. It should look like this.

Next I ran it through the Cuttlebug. Just the front panel. Now you could decorate the front with pretty paper or a background you've made. That's totally up to you.

Now add red line tape to the center portion as pictured and seal shut.

Take your gift card and trace around a 1/4" from the edge.



Cut this out and you have the opening for your card.



Now you could decorate the inside of the card also if you like. Now to finish the outside. Apply adhesive to the center of a 12" piece of ribbon and attach to the card.

Now tie the ribbon in a bow and decorate your front.


Hope this is helpful for anyone giving a gift card for Christmas.

No comments: