Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We all have them

Today I decided to spend the rest of my vacation using stamps or stamp sets I have bought and never used. Look at these cuties from Hero Arts.


I bought them because they were cute but making a card with them became a real challenge for me. So I gathered some oriental papers, vellum and a couple of my backgrounds and got busy.



This is the first one I made. Look at this background paper. Received it in a swap. It is gorgeous and would love to find more of it. I have it in 2 different colors and today was the first time I have had the opportunity to use it. Used a gold glitter pen to color my little girl.


The next 2 I used Copic markers to color. Found out you can not use SU black. It runs and has a blue cast. Stazon works but you must let it dry for awhile. If you use Palette Black Noir though you can color right away. I used 2 of my backgrounds with webbing.


This last one uses a real pretty Oriental paper I bought along with a Shapeabilities Rose. A cousin to the Nestabilities. Colored her with Copics and the rose with the Rub on Metallics.


The square behind her can be made with a 2 3/4" and a 2 1/2" square. Use the SU new scalloped border punch in the center of each side of each square. With the bigger square you get a fancy medallion of sorts and with the smaller square you just get the center piece.
So this week why don't you pull out a stamp you have never used and make a card. Send me a picture of it by email and I will post it here for viewing. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with and tomorrow for me another set of stamps. This one with owls.

No comments: