Friday, April 3, 2009

It's not PINK!!

Today I sat down to play with my leaves die. I wish they were smaller. They are just a little too big for my liking. I started out with a piece of white card stock that I sponged with fall colors of Distressed inks.



Laid my dies on top and ran them through the Cuttlebug in an A-C-die-B sandwich to cut and an A- die-rubber mat-3 pieces of card stock and 2 B plates to emboss.




And there you have instant Fall leaves. I also used the left over piece of colored card stock to punch out tiny leaves. Can't finish a Fall card without them.




Here are my cards. I didn't like the leaves against the yellow . Just seemed too plain so I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist Walnut Gold. That was exactly what it needed. The saying is from Impression Obsession.



I sprayed the background of this one and the leaves with Glimmer Mist Pearl. I also cut a leaf out of Copper shim stock and heated it with my heat gun to make it change colors. The saying was a $1.00 bin stamp from Micheals.



Maybe tomorrow I will be able to play with another die set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, I think your fall card is great! The die cuts are terrific.
Barb B