Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A BIG card for this weeks Mojo

This is a size I don't think to make but you know there is so much more room to work with. I started out with a piece of card stock cut 8 1/2 by 8. But you can go 9 1/2 by 8 and it will still fit into a regular Business size envelope. So for some of those bigger embellishments and die cuts try a BIG card. To make this one I went through my stash and came up with 2 different techniques made with the same colors. These two I use quite often together. I think they work well because they start out similarly. The finishing step is the only difference. The image is from Inkadinka do and I embossed it with Black and colored it in with my Atyou Spica Glitter pens. Chalked around the outside and then took an eraser and removed the chalk outlining the hummingbird. Sprayed to seal the chalk. Cuttlebugged the dark purple piece of card stock for a little pizazz. Backed everything with Pumpkin Pie. The little flower I actually crocheted this week. I've made a huge pile of them using embroidery floss and crochet cotton thread.


1 comment:

Lynne in NI said...

Wow - your humming bird is fabulous and I love your crochet flower too