Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Day with Tim Holtz

While all of you were at Stampfest in Orlando today I stayed home and had an enjoyable afternoon with Tim. Or atleast with Tim's videos. I decided not to go today, save some money and and make use of some of the things I have already bought at previous Stampfests that are still in the packages. If only I didn't have dial up. I could have watched more videos but there will be other days. First I have to show you this card that I got from Dawn awhile back.

It has been sitting on my desk for inspiration. I thought it was fantastic. I'm not real big into distressing. But hers is so pretty. Mine usually looks splotchy or I get to much on for my taste. But what I have learned today I may use it more often. Here's a tool I have had for awhile.


Today it came out of its packaging and after a few videos I put it to work. How did I do? The ink just glides ride on. What a difference!!


I was pleased with both. Then it was onto Stamping with water. I saw this at Two Peas in a Bucket.

You cover your piece of card stock with a darker Distress ink. Then ink your stamp with Distress embosssing ink ( another thing still in the packaging). Mist with water and stamp on your ink covered card stock. Dry with your heat gun. Very easy. Next out came the Tim Holtz masks. Been wanting to use this on something.

From the same Two Peas in a Bucket video I learned how to use them and here's my card. I intend to get a few more masks now. This makes a great background.

I've made a few other things not quite finished yet. Learned a lot about Alcohol inks and Paint dabbers. Have had my Dabbers for quite some time. Wasn't pleased with them because they dried up. Well Tim pointed out to me that they need to be stored upside down. He was nice enough to show me how to make them work again and they are now being stored upside down. Have another video loading. I plan on sitting here most of tomorrow also. Hope all you ladies had a great day. I enjoyed mine. One last picture of a critter in the house last night.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Pat, your day with Tim was certainly successful. Your work, like usual, is awesome.

Chookarooni said...

What I wouldn't give to come to your house and play or have you come to my house and play - just think what all we could create!
M-J