Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm doing a demo on Alcohol ink

And what I'm finding out as I get prepared for it is there is more information than I can fit into one demo. So I thought I would put bits and pieces here for you and finish off at the demo in May. The first technique I am going to share with you will remind of the shaving cream technique only there is no shaving cream. LOL Start out with a container that you can put water in. You need about 1" of water in it. Now drop a couple of drops of your first color.



Now add your second color and swirl the water around if you want.



Lay your card stock on top of your inky water and push it down. Lift out the paper and let dry. Here is a sample using regular card stock.



And here are 2 more samples. The one on the left is glossy card stock and the other one is regular card stock. The ink soaks into the regular card stock and sits on top of the glossy. The glossy will take a little longer to dry.



My first sample was stamped with Archival Black ink and a background stamp from Su. I then cut it out with a Nestabilities rectangle and sprayed it with gold Glimmer Mist for some added shine before assembling my card.




And here is the Glossy piece. I stamped the words right onto the background and added a tissue paper flower I sprayed with Glimmer Mist.



This next technique lets you use the alcohol inks to color your image. You'll need a pallet for your inks and either Alcohol Blending Solution or Alcohol. You will want to stamp your image with the same ink you would use for your Copic markers. Stazon will not work for this.



Take your pallet and add a couple of drops of the Blending Solution/Alcohol. Now add a couple of drops of your first color.



Using a brush color all the parts of the image that will use that color. When done clean out the section of your pallet and do the same procedure with the next color. Continue this until your whole image is colored in.



Now you can hilight and shade with colored pencils. And here's my card. I cut out the image with a circle Nestabilities and leaving the image in the die I added color to the background with a sponge applicator. This leaves you a nice clean edge all the way around.



The background is another Alcohol ink technique I will talk about later. I hope you enjoyed this and give both of these a try. I will be back with a few more ideas real soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much to learn , thank you for sharing these wonderful techniques and for putting them here because I don't have so much time right now BUT
I WILL BE BACK

Lis