Sunday, August 1, 2010

A black & white challenge

This week at The Play Date Cafe the challenge was to make a black & white card with a splash of green.

You can read about it Here. This became a real problem for me but once I stopped trying to make my background paper and found this stamp everything just sort of fell into place. I was trying to emboss black flowers on my white card stock and could not get it to look right. So out came the webbing and I was happy as can be with my background. And as soon as I sat down again to try and put something together and saw this great stamp from Stampendous I knew what to do with it to get my splash of green.

5 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, great use of the Spotlight Tech! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! this card is FUN!! I love that spotlighting on the grass! Great idea;) Great card all around!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely spotlight technique. Beautiful card. Glad you decided to join in the PDCC challenge this week.

Karen B. said...

This is one cool card. It stood out to me in the Play Date gallery.

Vivi Casale said...

awesome card Pat!
love it!
xxx
Vivi