Sunday, August 8, 2010

This weeks Play Date Cafe challenge

This week we were to use these colors. You will find all the details and cards that were made HERE.



I looked through my stash of cards trying to find some inspiration. I found this card.



I had brayered a rainbow pad onto a piece of glossy card stock and stamped with white pigment ink. It reminded me of a wax paper resit background that I knew there were several blank ones in my stash. You Cuttlebug emboss the wax paper in an embossing folder. Very cool.
Here is how you do it. Take your piece of wax paper and put it inside an embossing folder. Run it through your machine. Now place it between 2 pieces of glossy card stock. The shiny side of the card stock should be facing the wax paper. Place a piece of copy paper or newsprint over the top and iron for 45 seconds or so. You will know when it is finished as the card stock will separate from the wax paper easily. Let it cool off a minute and then add color. So here is the first one. I sponged on Distressed inks. This one is over stamped with Adirondack red pepper and then the sentiment stamped at the bottom. Of course it wasn't supposed to be going up hill. I have no idea how it got so crooked but I decided to make it work. I added a little Spellbinder doodle under it, added some bling and no one knows it wasn't intentionally stamped that way. Well I guess you know now.LOL. On the inside it says YOU.



The last one I also sponged on the color and over stamped with 2 different SU flower stamps. Added a little bit of Stickles glitter and a flower cut with the Dahlia Spellbinder die. I think I like this one the most.

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for playing at the PDCC

Paul B said...

These are gorgeous and I agree with lisa, these backgrounds are superb. Px

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous work, you are brillient with the wax paper.

Just getting round to meet all the new team mates looking forward working with you. xx Zoe

Netty said...

They are terrific and thank you for explaining the wax paper technique. Annette x

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely cards, great backgrounds which work beautifully with this colour combination. Tracy Evans x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOOOW all cards are beautiful! I love that second one and the inside of the first--so fun! Great job:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

Very pretty cards! What great backgrounds you've created, they're lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely backgrounds and pretty cards. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.