Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This is the absolutely last Halloween card I will make this year!

I think I'm ready to stop coloring pumpkins and move on to the next holiday. I'm working the closing shift today so I have had all day to work on cards before I have to leave for work. I was able to use this card for 3 challenges and I am quite happy with it. First off the Halloween part comes from Challenge #17 from Paper Craft Star. They are using this Martha Stewart picture as the inspiration. Very festive looking with those Halloween colors. I used the Mojo Monday sketch to help me along and I had seen a tutorial somewhere last week on making stripes which I wanted to try. That's where the Speedy the Cat Challenge fits in.
 They wanted you to use stripes. So I got out my distress inks. Used the 3 orangey colored ones Marmalade, Marigold, Rust Hinge and Black to make my stripes. The pumpkin is from SU. Colored with Copics. The Happy Halloween stamp is one of those dollar stamps at Micheals. I added some black glitter pen to the web and the little bat is a Cuttlebug die.

                                       And now for my card.




5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Isn't this technique for stripes fun! I love it in the multi colors! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

I love the brightly colored stripes!!!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Lynn McAuley said...

What gorgeous stripes you have created for this fun Halloween design!

Thanks, Pat, for sharing this delightful card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stripes challenge!!

LouDotMac said...

What a brilliant technique for creating stripes, they really stand out. Nice job. I love your use of the bat diecut, how cute!!

Good luck in the challenge!!

Lou. xo

~* steph :) *~ said...

super cute, love those pumpkins! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)