Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let's make a background

I haven't done a tutorial for awhile so decided to do a couple to start the new year. This one is a fun background which uses your dye ink reinkers, glossy paper and salt. Table salt will work but Kosher salt works the best. You can use it as your background layer or you can stamp right on it. Here we go.


 I used Adirondack colors Denim, Sail Boat Blue, Pool and Mountain Rose. You need glossy card stock for this along with a water brush and a spray bottle filled with water.


 Squirt out a little of each color onto your non stick craft sheet and spray your glossy card stock with the water.


   Now pick up each color and swirl it around in any pattern. Have fun with this. Try going in all different directions.  Add another color. No two will look the same when you finish.


                              This is mine all filled in with each color.


                                         Sprinkle with salt.


               Leave to dry over night or speed it along with your heat tool.


 When it's dry take a paper towel and wipe all the salt off. This is what you are left with. Table salt will make smaller and fewer spots.


 I used my Cuddlebug to cut out the center and a white rectangle to fit behind it. The piece I cut out of the center of the background I used for the inside and matched it with a smaller white rectangle to stamp my sentiment on the inside of the card.


I used Mountain Rose to stamp leaves all around my card base. Attached my larger white rectangle to the center of that. Stamped the Sentiment from Inkadinkado. Used Pop Dots to attach the background over this. Added a piece of pink border punched with a Martha Stewart punch to the inside of the opening. Flowers are from Sky Blue Pink and the leaves are a punch. Here's my card. I hope you give this a try.

No comments: