Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a new use for mousse

Who thought this up? A very cool technique. This card is for the Stampin Bs Challenge "Use Bling". I've used Stickles and a black Flourish bling. It is also for the GAB Challenge use something new. Well I've never used mousse so that is my new along with the technique. I also just bought the black Flourish. And I'm using this as my first tutorial for the SSSD yahoo group new Technique Swap. Each month I will be having a tutorial with a different technique for the SSSD ladies to try out and make swap cards.I hope everyone who reads this blog will enjoy what I will be doing.

It feels so smooth and has a real satiny look.  Now for the tutorial.
You will need a piece of glossy card stock ( photo paper will not work for this technique as you will be heating it ), 3 dye reinkers, Foam Hair Mousse, paper towel and a sealer.




Now squirt out about a quarter size of Mousse into your hand.
Smear it all around your card stock. Covering the whole piece. Your glossy card stock may roll up. That's OK just push it down. I did 2 samples and 1 rolled and 1 didn't.


Next you will squirt your reinkers all around the mousse.
Let this sit for 10 minutes. It will foam and spread. When the 10 minutes are up heat with your heat tool until all the Mousse has disappeared. Now dab with your piece of paper towel to remove any ink and to fill in empty spots.

This is what you will end up with. Let it dry. Spray it with a sealer, I used Krylon Fixatif but whatever sealer or hair spray you have will work. 

After drying cut it down to the size you want and use it for your background layer.
To color my image I used ink right from the pads and a water brush. Added a little stickles and sponged the edges of my paper.
OK ladies. I can hardly wait to see how yours turn out.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Very pretty card and the technique tutorial is great. Love the colors you used.
Thanks for joining the GAB challenge this week.

Ashley Nicole said...

Great fall card and I love the technique you did. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
Ashley(Nikki)