Friday, July 1, 2011

A strange card for me/IBFCC4

At the beginning of the week I found the I Brake for Stamps challenge blog. There was a picture of a little girl in a red polka dot dress for inspiration. I went through my stamps and found what I wanted, planned out my card then went to check out the details on the blog to make sure I had what I needed. What I found out was I was too late. This is the second blog this week I missed the dead line for entering my card soooooooo...... back to the planning for this weeks challenge-make a birthday card. I looked through my stamps again and found this image and remembered I had a background stamp that would match. I colored it with Prisma pencils and Gamsol. The image is from I Brake for Stamps.

My problem is before I could stop myself my hands had a sponge and brown ink in them. I ended up with 4 layers of brown and the cracked ground look. LOL. Don't know where that came from. Not sure how I feel about it. I like parts of it and it will probably grow on me. Why brown?? Why not a blue or yellow?? I intend to have a long talk with my hands in the morning. The hands and the brain need to work together as a team. I don't know maybe the hands knew what they were doing. It is kind of pretty in a strange sort of way.

3 comments:

Regan said...

Beautiful. I love the stained glass/cracked stone look the card has, very nice. Thank you for playing along with us at I Brake For Challenges! Regan

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really love this card. So glad my internet is working so I can view it. Just beautiful!

Jane Bosi said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along!