Monday, August 22, 2011

Black Eyed Susans

This week I am using a new stamp set from Marks Finest Papers called Black Eyed Susans for Encouragement. I colored them with Prisma pencils and Gamsol and then distressed with Vintage Photo Ink. I am using this card for The Friends of Speedy the Cat Blog Challenge "Embossing". I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss my background and sponged a little ink over it. I'm also using it for the Stampin Bs Blog Challenge " Distressing".
The sentiment is from the same set. My house is very quiet now. My daughter has gone back to college. This year she will not be home on the weekends because she is getting a job there. So we are going through a little noise withdrawal. Last night we were asleep by 8:30. Going to have to turn that Wii on and start bowling in the evening so we don't sleep our lives away. She will be 20 in a week. Why can't she still be 8?  I've had a child in my house for 40 years. It's hard when the last one goes. A little depressing. Now we need to start living for ourselves. We'll get there and she is only an hour away if I need a little Robin fix.

4 comments:

Janeen said...

wonderful highlighting there on that embossing. great card.Thanks for entering the Embossing Challenge over at Speedy the Cat's friends and Mark's Finest Papers.

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with these black eyed susans, Pat!! What a wonderful card!!

Winnie and Patty said...

Pat--this is beautiful!!! You did a great job of coloring the black eyed Susans and I love the layout too!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Carol Hurlock said...

Pat this is one exquisite card. I love how you shaded with the pretty ink and the cord tie. Thanks so much for playing Speedy the Cat's Challenge this week. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol