Saturday, October 1, 2011

My MFP Debut/ Speedy the Cats Friends Challenge # 75

Today marks my first day as a DT Member for Marks Finest Papers and their blog Speedy the Cats Friends. The Challenge is to use Polka Dots. I had to think about this one for awhile. Then I remembered this technique. I like the way the card turned out.


 To celebrate my first challenge I am going to show you how I made my card. The stamps are from MFP. The set is called Poppies Poppies Poppies. Ribbon is also from MFP.
Here are the supplies needed. Make sure your ink pads are lighter than the markers you are going to use but from the same color family.


                                 Stamp your image on regular white or a light colored card stock.



Now take your first finger dauber and the first color and work in a circular motion to form your dots.



                                       Now repeat with the second dauber and second ink pad.


                                                  Color your image with your markers.


Next take your reinker, and I ended up using Old Paper distressed ink. The pumice stone was too dark for my liking. On your work surface make a little puddle.



Wet your water brush or paint brush with the ink and tap it across your fingers splattering your image.

I cut the image out with one of the Spellbinder label dies. The layer behind is is a white piece of card stock sponged with Distress inks Wild Honey, Marmalade and Rusty Hinge. Added the ribbon around the layer. I finished the card with little round embellishments which added more polka dots. I hope you join in on the fun and enter your Polka Dot card. You could win a set of MFP stamps.

7 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Pat--this is just gorgeous!!! And your tutorial is perfect! Great job! TFS

Janeen said...

what a great way to make polka dots. great tutorial your poppies look very realistic. great coloring.

redwasher1 said...

Pat, awesome coloring on the Poppies and great tutorial.

Payne Holler Cards said...

enjoyed your toot! neat way to do the polka dots (-:

Brenda said...

Wow Pat this is so beautiful!! Love the way you did the background, thanks for the tutorial I need to give this a try.

Carol Hurlock said...

Beautifully done Pat. I love the fall colors on this Poppy image. Just exquisite.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. I love how you did the polka dots on your own and didn't use DP for those. Welcome to the team I am looking forward to working with you.