Monday, December 19, 2011

A little play time.

I finally had some me time and put it to good use getting a little ahead in my card making duties.This first card is for the SCS sketch Challenge363 this week. I really like how it turned out.

Very simple. Used 2 embossing folders for my front layers. Stamps from MFP a Heinrich Co. My next card uses another MFP set called Winter Crocus. I took a pink piece of card stock and sprayed with a purple Glimmer Mist for my background. I always was so happy to see the Crocus pop through the snow when I lived in Ohio. Kind of let you know there was hope for winter be over. You have to smile when you look at them peeking at you through the white.

 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I like both of your cards; they are so soft!! I love the way you made the clouds around the bird. The purple iris is a beautiful shade. Lovely!!

Donna Ellis said...

What Beautiful nature cards, and Magical backgrounds, Pat! Love the darling chick-a-dee, and the beautiful crocus. (do you miss the crocus blooms?) Per your comment about decorating... sometimes we all need a break - Christmas is in the heart more than anything else we can do or say - and yours is Christmasy all year long. May 2012 bring you the Promise and Magic your cards speak of! ((( hugs )))