Monday, July 22, 2013

Gellied waters

I've read so much about Gelli plates lately I had to finally breakdown and get one. What a cool technique this is for making backgrounds. Messy messy messy but very cool. This is just a fairly simple one using only a texture tool. Looked like water to me sooooooooo..... Saw this little Koi die cut last week during the blog hop and went on a search for it. Love him too.  Add the Lotus Blossoms from MFPa HC and I've got a card that turned out the way I saw it in my head. Two of the Lotus blossoms have a double layer popped up. I have a schedule posting of my Basic Backgrounds column on 8-13-13 showing how to use the Gelli Plate on Speedy TV.


2 comments:

Jane said...

Pat I love how this turned out!!! I can't wait to see your tutorial on how to do this. Your card is just beautiful!!! I love the Koi's too.

Janine said...

What a gorgeous card - doesn't give the impression that it was messy along the way at all!